Monday 1 November 2010

Monday's meditation

I had a 'rest' day today, normally it's my full primary practice with V, but I decided to give it a miss as I don't have the strength today and decided to do some meditation. My mind has been all over the place recently. It tends to get like this at this time of year and I'm not sure whether it's cos it's near my birthday which always makes me reflect and get moody, or whether it's due to the weather and dark nights or a combination of all... But I generally feel a little miserable... So I found out my favourite 15 minute chakra meditation with Yogatic on youtube and followed the guided mediation.

As soon as I started my head started to spin, somehow sitting in siddasana with a completely straight back and concentrating on my breathing makes my body resonate with the outside world and I can feel this spinning energy through my spine and out the top of my head. It's very strange but at the same time it helps with 'tuning in' to the body. (This probably sounds a little wanky ;o) However... what I did notice today was that there are some chakras which are really 'open' and some which are not. I say 'open', what I mean is that I can visualise the colour and the spinning of some of the chakras and some I can't visualise anything. My muladara chakra was vibrant red tonight and was bursting out of my body. The next one up I could not feel, the solar plexus was also non existent, my heart chakra was open but not as much as the mula, the throat was less, the third eye was OK, and the lotus at the top was OK, with a bright white light. I think the mula is the most powerful cos I meditate on it a lot during my vinyasa practice, everything else, is going to be less I guess!! The only things she doesn't do in this meditation is close the chakras, so I quickly have to do that at the end to prevent anything bad happening to me but keeping them open. Not sure how that works but I think people can steal energy from you if you don't close them... I'll ahve to ask my friend K...

Anyway. I started to do a relaxation meditation in savasana afterwards but felt as if I was going to fall asleep, so I got up. I didn't want to ruin my night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment